Mission: TRPEF strives to improve the quality of life for all Tennesseans by promoting an appreciation and understanding of the merits and values of recreation and parks. The organization achieves these objectives through charitable causes, educational endeavors, and scientific research. Learn more about what TRPEF has to offer
Support TRPEF's Mission!
JOIN TRPEF Click here for the TRPEF membership form or use the donation link above and follow the steps for online payment.
- Professional Scholarships - for people attending professional training programs
- Certification Scholarships - for people applying for the CPRP or CPRE certifications
- Student Scholarships - for students majoring in declared major and/or concentration in a recreation/parks field: Health and Human Performance, Recreation, Resource Management, Leisure Studies, Turf Management, Forestry or related majors.
Application Deadline is continuous - Scholarships for schools/workshops (Application will be reviewed at the next TRPEF Board Meeting). To complete a scholarship application, please click here.
Application Deadline March 31, 2023. To complete a scholarship application, please click here.
Application Deadline April 30, 2023. To complete a scholarship application, please click here.
2021 Student Scholarship Recipients
- Developed new TRPA/TRPEF Joint Membership Plan where individuals and agencies now join both unless they choose to “opt out”.
- Awarded 2 $1,000 student scholarships
- Awarded 5 professional development scholarships for a total of $1,942.25
- Awarded 3 CPRP Scholarships
- Provided TRPEF overview at all TRPA Workshops, Forums, Schools, etc. in 2022. Also, provided “What the EF?” Stickers, “Nuts about Education” goodie bags at events
- Sponsored TRPA Conference to assist with education sessions
- Awarded $6,000 to TRPA for new computers and other tech upgrades
- Hosting multiple fundraisers at TRPA Conference
- Raised over $4,000 during auctions at the TRPA Conference
TRPEF Board Meetings
Everyone is welcome to attend and all meetings are held virtually at 9:30amCT/10:30amET. Please see the TRPA calendar for links.
- February 3, 2023
- April 7, 2023
- August 4, 2023
- October 6, 2023
- December 1, 2023
2023 TRPEF Board Members
- Aaron Browning - Chair, East TN
- Jamison Sliger- Treasurer East TN
- Anne Marshall- Secretary, Central TN
- Kitty Frazier - East TN Rep
- Marcus Robinson- Vice-Chair, West TN Rep
- Jennifer Spillers- Central TN Rep
- Shan Criswell - Professional Development, West TN Rep
- Simon Bradbury - East TN Rep
- Dr. Jason Davis - Student Services Rep