Recreation and Event Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervises, schedules, and directs the work of Recreation and Event staff, contract employees, and volunteers.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates, and evaluates programs and classes.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates, and evaluates special events and directs the work of other departmental employees working during the setup and duration of these events.
- Provides staff support for the Arts & Beautification Committee and plans, organizes, and evaluates events planned by the committee.
- Coordinates town volunteer program which includes recruiting, registering, and reporting for volunteers for all departments.
- Oversees event, program and class storage areas, tools, and equipment.
- Produces flyers, invitations, brochures, etc. for programs and classes.
- Maintains social media information regarding events, classes, and programs.
- Oversees the online registration program.
- Assists with budgeting preparation and financial reporting.
- Assists with recreation and events grant applications.
- Responds to citizen requests, questions, and complaints.
- Performs other duties and coordinates special projects as assigned.
Recreation and Event Manager
||Town of Farragut
|Posting Start Date:
||Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of town services and programs; thorough knowledge of town administrative policies, procedures and practices; thorough knowledge of research techniques, principles and practices; thorough knowledge of first aid methods and necessary safety precautions to be used in recreation work; thorough skill operating standard office equipment, hardware and software; thorough skill operating standard tools of the trade; ability to make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals; ability to plan, organize and evaluate the work of subordinates; ability to analyze and evaluate management systems and operations and formulate and install changes; ability to make decisions within scope of responsibility; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, government officials and the thorough public.
Education and Experience
Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in recreation leadership programming and management, or related field and moderate experience working in recreation leadership, or equivalent combination of education and experience are encouraged to apply.
This work requires the frequent exertion of up to 25 pounds of force and occasional exertion of up to 50 pounds of force; work regularly requires speaking or hearing, frequently requires standing, walking, sitting, using hands to finger, handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms and repetitive motions and occasionally requires climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, pushing or pulling and lifting; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operating machines, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work occasionally requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
Ability to work nights and weekends for programs and events as scheduled.
CPR/First Aid/AED certification within one year .
Certified Parks and Recreation Professional within two (2) years of hire and renew as required.
Valid driver's license in the State of Tennessee.
Pre-Hire Required Screenings
Drug Screen-Non DOT
Cell Phone Allowance/Company Issued Phone
||This listing expires on: 6/16/2023