Parks Crew Supervisor – Facilities
We are currently accepting application materials for a Facilities Crew Supervisor in the Parks Department. Scheduled hours are 6:00 AM-2:30 PM Wednesday - Sunday from February-November and 6:00 AM-2:30 PM Monday - Friday from December-January. Click here for full job announcement.
This position is responsible for supervising an assigned crew of Parks Maintenance Staff and their work detail.
- Supervises an assigned crew of personnel.
- Provides direction, training, and guidance to workers; assigns, monitors, and inspects workers performance.
- Reviews and assists in the completion of work orders on job task assigned.
- Communicates and reports daily to the Assistant Maintenance Supervisor of Facilities on projects and facility updates.
- Inspects playgrounds and facilities on a regular basis for safety factors and ensures areas are reported and repaired in a timely manner.
- Coordinates crews and assists with ground maintenance or landscaping projects including: mowing green spaces areas and athletic fields, edging, clearing and removing trees and shrubs, and other related projects and tasks assigned.
- Coordinates crews and assist with facility maintenance including unlocking of buildings, cleaning facilities/shelters, post banners, signage, and shelter reservations, stock restrooms, and trash pick-up.
- Evaluates the safety and security of work areas prior to commencement of work; continuously monitors work safety factors
- Loads, hauls, transports, and unloads a variety of equipment.
- Operates a variety of machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Serves as an on-call point of contact for maintenance during weeknights & weekends.
Parks Crew Supervisor – Facilities
||Hendersonville Parks & Recreation
||$41,465 - $63,095 Annually DOQ
|Posting Start Date:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED
- Knowledge of City rules and regulations, safety and administrative policies
- Knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials, and tools of landscaping and grounds maintenance.
- Skill in reading and interpreting blueprints and site plans.
- Skill in performing mathematical calculations.
- Skill in using a variety of hand tools and equipment.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one (1) or more years’ experience or service. 3 years in Parks and Recreation experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of parks and recreation operations, ability to operate small equipment, willingness and desire to be a good teammate.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid Driver’s License issued by the State of Tennessee for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Ability to utilize basic computer applications.
Interested and qualified candidates must submit a completed Job Application, Resume, and Cover Letter highlighting your career experience as it relates to this position.
- Complete the City of Hendersonville Job Application.
- Submit a Resume.
- Submit a Cover Letter highlighting your relevant work experience.
- Return your completed Job Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to the Human Resources office at Hendersonville City Hall via the methods below. We do not accept faxed applications.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail or bring to: 101 Maple Drive North, Hendersonville, TN 37075
Learn more: https://www.hvilletn.org/Home/Components/JobPosts/Job/167/219
||This listing expires on: 4/3/2023