We are currently accepting application materials for an Athletic Groundskeeper position in the Parks Department. Click here for full job announcement.
This position is responsible for maintaining parks and recreation athletic fields, grounds, buildings, equipment, and related facilities.
- Provides direction and training to employees, community service workers, or other assigned personnel; assigns, monitors, and reviews work.
- Prepares and maintains soccer fields, baseball/softball fields, and football fields for use for individual games, leagues, and tournaments; drags ball fields using athletic sand trapper; marks lines and boundaries using line machine and paint machine; changes length of bases on ball fields; changes distance of rubber on pitching mound; marks lines of batter box, coaching boxes, and running lanes; marks and lines off soccer fields; measures, marks, and lines football fields.
- Assists in performing various tasks associated with the maintenance of athletic fields, grounds, buildings, or related facilities, including, but not limited to, building new athletic fields, repairing ball field equipment, replacing athletic nets, removing water from athletic fields, moving bleachers, setting up tents or special equipment, building sheds, pouring concrete, repairing fences and equipment, repairing dugouts, performing building repairs, mowing grass, and edging and trimming landscaped areas.
- Operates a variety of equipment, machinery, and tools used in department projects, including, but not limited to, a golf cart, dump truck, tractor, mowers, weedeater, leaf blower, paint machine, and sand trapper.
- Transports, loads, or unloads various equipment and materials associated with department projects.
||Hendersonville Parks & Recreation
||$37,570 - $57,167 Annually DOQ
|Posting Start Date:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED
- Knowledge of building and grounds maintenance methods and practices.
- Knowledge of baseball, softball, soccer, and football field maintenance and markings.
- Knowledge of departmental and safety rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of basic carpentry, plumbing, mechanical repair, and electrical procedures.
- Knowledge of various cleaning chemicals.
- Skill in operating such equipment as a tractor, various types of lawn equipment, and a paint machine.
- Skill in following instructions.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to make decisions regarding field closures.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for 1-2 years. 3-5 years of Parks and Recreation athletic field experience preferred.
- Ability to work on nights and weekends as needed.
Interested and qualified candidates must submit a completed Job Application, Resume, and Cover Letter highlighting your career experience as it relates to this position.
- Complete the City of Hendersonville Job Application.
- Submit a Resume.
- Submit a Cover Letter highlighting your relevant work experience.
- Return your completed Job Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to the Human Resources office at Hendersonville City Hall via the methods below. We do not accept faxed applications.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail or bring to: 101 Maple Drive North, Hendersonville, TN 37075
More Information: https://www.hvilletn.org/Home/Components/JobPosts/Job/169/219
||This listing expires on: 4/3/2023