Parks Maintenance Superintendent
This position assists the Parks Director with planning, design, construction, inspection, and supervision of parks and recreation maintenance of athletic fields, grounds, facilities, buildings, and equipment. Click here for the full job description.
- Supervises, directs, trains, and evaluates the work of assigned personnel; coordinates daily work activities.
- Supervises all construction projects of park facilities; schedules facilities projects; supervises work performed by general contractors; selects and supervises work of subcontractors.
- Performs project management; drafts bid documents, specifications, and contracts.
- Oversees the purchasing guidelines, bid documents, and contracts for all new and used vehicles and utility equipment.
- Supervises general repair and maintenance work on City parks, equipment, grounds, and related facilities; assists as needed in performing skilled, semi-skilled and manual work involving building construction, painting, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, heating and air conditioning, masonry, landscaping or grounds maintenance projects; conducts inspections of buildings, equipment, and facilities to identify and troubleshoot necessary repairs.
- Ensures that operation, construction, and maintenance of facilities, equipment, and systems are in compliance with codes and procedures.
- Develops and administers budgets for construction projects and maintenance activities; monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budget and assist the Parks Director in the planning of the department’s annual budget.
- Assists in developing long and short-term plans, goals and objectives of the maintenance division.
- Supervises maintenance of city park property; assists installation and oversees maintenance of drainage structures, parking lots, trails, and sidewalks; oversees installation and maintenance of telephone system and computer systems.
- Supervises, schedules, and coordinates turf and grounds maintenance activities; schedules application of fertilizer, pre-emergent, and post-emergent materials; schedules over seeding, top dressing, and aeration.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
This position has direct supervision over all maintenance employees including two Assistant Maintenance Supervisors, four Parks Crew Leaders, Sr Property Maintenance Worker, Equipment Operator 3, Mechanic, and 19 other Full-Time and Part-Time Maintenance Workers.
Parks Maintenance Superintendent
||Hendersonville Parks & Recreation
||$61,597 - $93,682 DOQ
|Posting Start Date:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Sufficient experience to understand the principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with 3-5 years of experience in a maintenance supervisor role.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid Driver’s License issued by the State of Tennessee for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Relevant certifications such as for playground safety inspections and pesticide applicator licensing, 10-hour OSHA or ability to obtain same within one (1) year of hire date.
- Turf Management background or education preferred.
- Ability to use basic word and spreadsheet computer applications.
Interested and qualified candidates must submit a completed Job Application, Resume, and Cover Letter highlighting your career experience as it relates to this position.
- Complete the City of Hendersonville Job Application.
- Submit a Resume.
- Submit a Cover Letter highlighting your relevant work experience.
- Return your completed Job Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to the Human Resources office at Hendersonville City Hall via the methods below. We do not accept faxed applications.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail or bring to: 101 Maple Drive North, Hendersonville, TN 37075
For additional information or questions about this opportunity, please contact the HR Department, City of Hendersonville email@example.com or by phone at 615-264.5314.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
This recruitment is open until filled.
||This listing expires on: 1/7/2023