Special Projects Coordinator – Recreation & Parks Dept
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Assists the department Director in planning and prioritizing the Capital Improvement Program; oversees the implementation of funded projects.
• Serves as Project Manager for department projects as assigned.
• Assists in the development and evaluation of requests for qualifications, requests for proposals and bid documents as well as the selection of contracted services and equipment purchases.
• Reviews plans and specifications for projects. Coordinates approvals with the department Director.
• Evaluates and recommends approval of landscape designs and plant selections.
• Inspects projects while in progress and when completed to ensure compliance with job requirements.
• Reviews purchase orders, invoices for payment and other documents for accuracy of information; recommends approval of invoices for payment.
• Assists with management of grant funding for projects.
• Assists with interviewing, selection, and evaluation of employees.
• Assists the Director in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures.
• Performs periodic inspections of all Recreation & Parks facilities.
• Calculates the most efficient and cost-effective methods to extend the useful life of facilities and equipment.
• Coordinates donations and special projects with community volunteers and organizations.
• Makes presentations at community, regional and state meetings, and functions on behalf of the Department and the City.
• Serves as Acting Director in the absence of the Department Director.
• Other duties as assigned.