Forestry Technician II - Parks Department
CITY OF FRANKLIN, TENNESSEE
Purpose of Job
Invites applications for the position of: Forestry Technician II Parks Department
Under general supervision uses comprehensive knowledge to perform work associated with the planting, care and maintenance, and removal of trees on City-owned property, parks, and rights-of-way. This job requires the use of specialized equipment associated with urban forestry.
Essential Job Duties
A. Tree Maintenance
• Operates various equipment and tools which are used for daily tree work projects.
• Operates all equipment and tools in a safe and effective manner.
• Daily communication with Urban Forestry Supervisor
• Knowledge of principles, procedures, and methods of arboriculture
• Ability to make appropriate decisions regarding diseased and potentially hazardous trees.
• Performs heavy manual labor on varied assignments
• Implements work zone safety procedures.
• Leads pruning and maintaining trees on city property, parks, and right-of-way.
• Leads planting, transplanting, watering, fertilization, mulching projects.
B. Maintains and transports equipment
• Performs general inspections of all equipment including fluids, belts, and filters.
• Performs general maintenance of all equipment including cleaning, greasing, sharpening.
• Clean and maintain all work and equipment storage areas.
• Loads and unloads all equipment for transporting to work sites.