Special Events Program Supervisor
This position is responsible for supervising the planning, coordination, and implementation of special event programs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Assists in Special Event Budgeting
- Coordinates parks support services for events and programs.
- Coordinates hotels, caterers, and other vendors for special events.
- Oversees special event coordination for all special events ran by the City and by other groups such as the Chamber of Commerce, Sumner CVB, Civic Groups and other outside groups hosting events.
- Provides information and assistance regarding events, procedures, forms, fees, or other issues; responds to complaints and initiates problem resolution.
- Hires, schedules, supervises, and trains basketball scorekeepers and gym supervisors for all recreation league basketball and volleyball games.
- Assists, as needed, in organizing and scheduling various youth athletic leagues.
- Promotes recreational programs and events within the community and assists the Recreation Coordinator with programing and event planning.
- Coordinates all social media within the department and sends updates to tourism and business venues keeping them up to date on all special events coming to the City.
- Handles on-boarding and payroll batch for seasonal staff.
- Performs other related duties and assists office staff as assigned.
- Knowledge of City and department policies and procedures, relevant state laws, and city ordinances.
- Knowledge of the principals and practices of special event programming.
- Knowledge of the standards and practices of municipal sports and recreation programs.
- Knowledge of the rules and equipment of various sports and activities.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of City policies and ordinances, including personnel and purchasing regulations.
SCOPE AND EFFECT
- Knowledge of basic accounting.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing work.
- Skill in dealing with the public.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in the use of a personal computer and various spreadsheet, and database software packages.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The purpose of this position is to supervise special event planning for the city. Success in this position results in well planned and successful events and programs.
Special Events Program Supervisor
||Hendersonville Parks & Recreation
||$47060.40 Annually DOQ
|Posting Start Date:
The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects and climbs ladders.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work is typically performed in an office and outdoors.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: This position reports directly to the Assistant Director for Athletics and Events.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: Seasonal Park employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Preferred) or knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study in Parks and Recreation, Marketing/Advertising, Public Relations or related to the occupational field.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with 1-3 years’ experience or service in a supervisory role.
- Experience of 3-5 years preferred in the areas of athletic and special event coordination with emphasis on athletic tournaments and public special events.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid Driver’s License issued by the State of Tennessee for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Proficient with computer skills including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, Adobe, Photoshop (or related program), Facebook and Instagram.
- CPRP (Certified Park and Recreation Professional) is preferred.
FLSA Status: Exempt Pay Grade: 16
1. Complete the City of Hendersonville Job Application and Supplemental Application.
2. Submit a Resume and Cover letter highlighting your work experience.
3. Please include a copy of your college transcripts and any relevant certification your currently obtain.
4. Return your completed materials to the Human Resources office at City Hall via below. We do not accept faxed applications.
- Mail or bring to: Hendersonville City Hall
Attn: HR Department
101 Maple Drive North
Hendersonville, TN 37075
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Recruitment will be open until filled.
||This listing expires on: 11/24/2021