Crockett Arena Coordinator
Parks & Recreation Posting Date:
: Crockett Indoor Arena
Crockett Arena Coordinator Salary
: Starting min. pay $40,580.80/annually dependent on exp./edu./qualifications more may be offered
The Williamson County Parks and Recreation Department is accepting applications for a Full Time Crockett Arena Coordinator.
As the Crockett Arena Coordinator the successful candidate will be responsible but not limited to:
- Manages and supervises the daily operations of the facility.
- Plans, organizes and initiates recreational sporting leagues and events for adult and Youth participants in Williamson County under the direction of the Adult Athletics and Youth Athletics Coordinators.
- Preforms personnel actions such as employee selection, counseling and employee relations.
- Creates employee schedules on a weekly, monthly basis; alters or updates the schedules as needed due to illness or leave to ensure the facility is properly staffed at all times.
- Coordinates registration of participants either directly through the department or through community athletic organizations.
- Assist in announcing and promoting sports activities and leagues and distributing printed materials and communicating to the public through local media outlets.
- Ensure the appropriate administrative forms are distributed, completed and returned in a timely manner.
- Monitors the collection, accounting and disposition of facility fees and revenues by staff.
- Helps the Adult Athletics and Youth Athletics Coordinator develop a yearly calendar schedule for adult and youth sports activities and leagues in the arena.
- Assigns referees and supervisors for the events that take place at the arena.
- During youth basketball helps the Youth Athletics Coordinator with a region in the County for assigning official and supervisors for the youth basketball season.
- Communicates with participants about sports leagues and events, answer questions, investigates and responds to complaints.
- Addresses inappropriate conduct of participants, coaches and officials and determines appropriate action or response after consultation with others designated by management.
- Follow appropriate procedures for investigating and reporting of all accidents, injuries and facility damage.
- Creates registration in county computer system and posts it to the county website for patron use.
- Submits work orders for repairs; orders supplies for the arena as needed.
- Ensures the general up keeping of the arena by sweeping and mopping floors, taking out trash, and removing snow or ice from the premises.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Oversees 10+ employees
Crockett Arena Coordinator
||Williamson County Parks and Recreation
||Starting min. pay $40,580.80/annually dependent on exp./edu./qualifications more may be offered
|Posting Start Date:
||Examples of Knowledge and Skills Required:
Education and/ or Experience:
- Ability to perform intermediate office functions such a maintaining a filing system, monitoring time punches, and creation various reports.
- Strong attention to detail used to effectively coordinate and plan various schedules for different tournaments and events at multiple facilities.
- Basic mathematical skills used to collect and process money
- Strong time management skills used to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of HR procedures such an interviewing, hiring, firing, and conducting a performance appraisal and the legal implications of these procedures.
- Ability to develop working relationships with staff members, other county departments, outside agencies and the public
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or newer software
A bachelor’s degree in Parks and Recreation Administration or related field with a minimum of 2 years of Athletic planning is preferred.
Certificates or Licenses Required:
AED and CPR certification
First Aid certified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, used hands to handle or feel, talk or hear. The employee will occasionally need to walk, reach with hands or arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally be lifting up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office duties are performed in an indoor working environment with moderate noise, however they are often exposed to outdoor weather conditions and some temperature extremes. The employee will occasionally use equipment and chemicals to clean and maintain the facility and fields.
The Department Head or County Official reserves the right to consider applicants within his/her department or the County Government prior to considering other applicants.
Applications are available online: http://www.williamsoncounty-tn.gov/jobs.aspx
and in the Human Resources Department of the Administrative Office Complex, Suite 112.
Applications not fully completed may be disregarded.
Williamson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
||This listing expires on: 8/14/2021