Event Planning Specialist
***PLEASE NOTE: IN ADDITION TO A COMPLETED APPLICATION, THIS POSITION REQUIRES THAT A SEPARATE RESUME BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION.***
This is the second of three levels in the Event Planning Series. Incumbents develop event concepts and plan, organize, and coordinate event logistics. Events may be on-going, or may be one-time events. Responsibilities may include determining type of event; identifying and securing event entertainment and activities; determining personnel, space, equipment, and volunteer requirements; identifying funding sources; soliciting and securing event sponsors; soliciting and monitoring vendors; and implementing an event marketing plan.
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Plans, coordinates, implements, and monitors the logistical details of special events which includes determining scheduling, staffing, facility, equipment, and supply needs; volunteer requirements; identifying and securing event entertainment and activities; determining type of event; identifying funding sources; and performing related duties.
- Documents logistical details and communicates information to internal event support staff.
- Monitors facilities, staff, activities, equipment, and supplies during events; identifies and resolves issues; and ensures the safety of guests and staff.
- Implements event marketing plans.
- Solicits and monitors vendors; reviews vendor operations and performance.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Event Planning Specialist
||Clarksville Parks & Recreation
||$43,040.00 - $58,104.00 Annually
|Posting Start Date:
||TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) and three years experience in event planning; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
KNOWLEDGE (position requirements at entry):
- Event planning principles and practices;
- Basic marketing concepts;
- Basic mathematical concepts;
- Event security principles;
- Vendor relations;
- Computers and related software applications;
- Customer service principles.
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
- Identifying, documenting, and implementing logistical details of events;
- Coordinating and executing event plans;
- Attending to details; Performing mathematical calculations;
- Soliciting and monitoring vendors;
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
This position requires working outside for extended periods of time. Incumbents may be subjected to environmental factors including extreme temperatures.
Incumbents may be subjected to bloodborne pathogens.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
||This listing expires on: 3/7/2021