Athletic Turf Technician
Incumbents perform routine to complex maintenance, preparation, and construction of athletic fields. Responsibilities include daily maintenance and preparation of playing surfaces, setting up fields for special events, maintaining irrigation systems, and maintaining inventories of field maintenance and preparation supplies.
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Participates in major field maintenance and construction projects, to include resodding and regrading, irrigation, installation, aerifying, and topdressing of athletic fields.
- Sets up game and practice fields for daily use and special events; performs painting, gameday field preparation, and field equipment placement as appropriate.
- Maintains inventories of turf products and supplies, to include fertilizers, pesticides, paint, and tools for athletic fields.
- Maintains athletic field irrigation systems, to include sprinkler heads, valves, and controllers.
- Applies herbicides and pesticides as needed to athletic fields. Maintains a year-round plan for the application of fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, etc. to athletic fields.
- Operates and maintains grounds equipment, to include mowers, spreaders, sprayers, trimmers, and painting equipment for athletic fields.
- Performs a variety of preventive maintenance on equipment. Assists with performing maintenance of park areas and buildings; picks up debris, sweeps entrances, cleans and disinfects drinking fountains and restrooms, replenishes and maintains restroom supplies including soap dispensers, tissues, and towels as needed.
- May assist with non-sports field related park projects during the offseason.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Athletic Turf Technician
||Clarksville Parks & Recreation
|| $18.66 Hourly $38,806.00 Annually
|Posting Start Date:
||TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) and three years of experience in athletic filed maintenance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
- Valid Driver's License
- Pesticide Applicator Certification or the ability to obtain certification within six (6) months of hire.
KNOWLEDGE (position requirements a entry):
- Materials, methods, practices, and equipment used in athletic field maintenance;
- Supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control;
- Advanced athletic field resodding, regrading, aerifying, and topdressing procedures, techniques, and standards;
- Regulations and standards regarding the set-up and marking of athletic fields for games;
- Athletic field painting and turf preparation methods, procedures, and techniques;
- Safe handling, application, and storage of fertilizers, pesticides, and related athletic turf chemicals and materials;
- Types and level of maintenance and repair activities generally performed in athletic field maintenance;
- Operations and maintenance requirements of equipment used in athletic field maintenance activities;
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions;
- Recordkeeping principles.
||This listing expires on: 11/7/2020