LANDSCAPING WORKER-PARKS DEPARTMENT
CITY OF FRANKLIN, TENNESSEE
Invites applications for the position of: LANDSCAPING WORKER
Apply on-line at: www.franklintn.gov/jobs Deadline to apply: 09/07/2020
Purpose of Job
Maintains all natural and ornamental landscape areas on park property. Work involves growing and maintaining lawns, flowers, shrubs, trails and trees as well as executing the beautification plan for the parks using good horticultural practices and project landscaping practices
Must be able to work holidays, weekends and nights during special events.
Essential Job Duties
Maintaining park landscapes
• Assists in creating bedding and landscape plans; determines planting scheme, selects and purchases plants, bulbs, purchases seeds; sows, transplants, waters, and fertilizes plants, computes, orders, and makes substitutions for all required quantities of plants, seeds, and other materials and equipment required to perform the work.
• Oversees growing and maintenance of a wide variety of plants and performs a wide range of gardening work, such as using proper pruning techniques on trees and shrubs, when needed, applying fertilizers and pesticides, installing new ornamental and seasonal color beds, correcting drainage and other erosion issues, and applying mulches as needed.
Maintains and transports equipment
• Performs general inspection of all equipment including fluids, belts, and other moving parts before using.
• Performs general maintenance of equipment including cleaning, greasing, and blade sharpening, and performing minor repairs.
• Cleans and maintains all equipment and work areas.
• Loads and unloads all equipment for transportation to worksites.