Grounds & Facilities Maintenance Specialist
This is the fourth of six levels in the Grounds and Facilities Maintenance series. Incumbents perform specialized maintenance and repairs in one or more areas, such as electrical, plumbing, concrete work, or carpentry. Responsibilities may include assessing maintenance and repair needs; purchasing necessary supplies; completing repairs; constructing, remodeling, or repairing facilities; welding; operating heavy machinery; performing ADA renovations; and repairing heating and cooling systems.
***PLEASE NOTE: INCUMBENT NEEDS TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE IN AT LEAST ONE (PREFERABLY TWO) OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS: HVAC, ELECTRICAL, AND/OR PLUMBING. THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN THROUGH APRIL 27, 2020, OR UNTIL FILLED.***
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Performs inspection, testing, troubleshooting, and repair of applicable building structures and/or systems, which may include electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and/or other applicable systems.
- Installs applicable structures and/or systems in assigned area of responsibility, which may include welding; operating heavy machinery; performing ADA renovations; and repairing heating and cooling systems.
- Estimates the cost of repairs; determines what supplies and equipment are necessary.
- Monitors and maintains materials, supplies, equipment, and/or other applicable inventory items in assigned area of responsibility; initiates the procurement of replacement items.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Prepares and reviews a variety of information, logs, invoices, and operational records or reports.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Grounds & Facilities Maintenance Specialist
||Clarksville Parks & Recreation
|Posting Start Date:
||TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.), one year of specialized or technical training in one or more trades, and two years experience in facilities maintenance; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
- Must possess a CDL Class B Restricted License or must obtain within six months.
KNOWLEDGE (position requirements at entry):
- Procedures and methods related to area of assignment;
- Applicable system and structure repair techniques;
- Applicable equipment, materials, and tools used in grounds maintenance activities;
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes;
- Inventory principles;
- Recordkeeping principles;
- Computers and related software applications;
- Safe work practices.
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
- Completing labor, trades, construction, and/or repair projects;
- Using applicable tools and equipment related to area of assignment;
- Performing trades maintenance activities;
- Reading blueprints, schematic drawings, and/or construction drawings;
- Applying applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- Inspecting facilities, equipment, and other structures;
- Monitoring and maintaining inventory;
- Maintaining records;
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, bloodborne pathogens, and chemicals.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department
||This listing expires on: 7/27/2020