The Athletic Coordinator reports to the Parks and Recreation Superintendent. Responsibilities include: assisting in the planning, organizing, and facilitating of City sports leagues with over site of specific leagues; assisting in staff scheduling for tournaments and league play; recruiting and training volunteer coaches; assisting in management of sporting facilities; assisting in all major sporting events; and attends sports boards and association meetings.
***PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN THROUGH JUNE 17, 2020, OR UNTIL FILLED. INCUMBENT SHOULD POSSESS KNOWLEDGE OF VARIOUS SPORTS AND SPORTS RULES AND TOURNAMENT AND LEAGUE CREATION, OVERSIGHT, AND SCHEDULING, AS WELL AS, SUPERVISORY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE PRINCIPLES. MUST BE WILLING TO WORK SOME NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS AS REQUIRED.***
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Assists in planning, organizing, and facilitating city sports leagues and has over site of assigned sports leagues.
- Assists in supervising scheduling for tournaments, league play, and practices at sports complexes throughout the city.
- Recruits and trains volunteer coaches.
- Assists in planning, organizing, and executing various athletic events.
- Receives and responds to citizen and participant complaints.
- Attends outside sport boards and association meetings.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
||Clarksville Parks & Recreation
|Posting Start Date:
||TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
Associates degree in recreation or a closely related field and a minimum of one (1) year experience in the organization of leagues and tournaments; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
- Various sports and sport rules;
- Leadership and management skills;
- Ability to work well with public officials and the public in general;
- Ability to create tournament and leagues schedules;
- Ability to manage part time staff
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
- Tournament scheduling;
- Recruiting and training of volunteer coaches;
- providing customer service and complaint resolution;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Incumbents may be subjected to bloodborne pathogens and will be required to work some nights and weekends.
Medium Work: Exerting up to fifty (50) pounds of force occasionally and/or up to twenty (20) pounds of force frequently, and/or up to ten (10) pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
||This listing expires on: 7/27/2020