Start Date: 9/7/2022 7:30 AM CDT
End Date: 9/9/2022 12:00 PM CDT
Venue Name: Hickory Hills Community Center Location:
Memphis, TN United States 38115
Event Website: https://www.trpa.net//Files/Documents/CPSI2022-September%20(2).pdf
Tennessee Recreation & Parks Association
CERTIFIED PLAYGROUND SAFETY INSPECTOR COURSE
September 7-9, 2022
We are a definite go! We will start shipping books as soon as I receive them!
(It is not recommended that you take the exam if you have not had the materials at least 3 weeks prior to the course.) No cell phones, or other electronic equipment, hats or books will be permitted in the exam room. Please make provisions in advance.
||Paid By August 5, 2022
||Paid After August 5, 2022 (if space is available)
|National Playground Safety Institute Registration (Class only, does not include the exam No on-site registration will be accepted).
|Certification Exam (Photo ID required for exam admission)
NRPA Safety Protocols for In-person CPSI Classes as of 12/2/2021
The rules for COVID have been suspended for now. They may be reinstated if COVID counts increase before this event.
Throughout this COVID-19 pandemic, the National Recreation and Park Association, Incorporated (NRPA) has been committed to the safety and wellbeing of professionals, instructors, course hosts and their families and the greater community. To provide a safe and healthy space for reinstating in-person operations for CPSI Courses, the following safety guidelines have been created and must be followed by professionals, instructors, and course hosts.
*In all cases, reopening plans should be made in collaboration with local public health and government officials. They must follow CDC guidelines and state and local policies.
Participants must meet the following healthy behaviors prior to coming to the course;
· Stay home if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are showing symptoms. Contact TRPA at email@example.com or 615-790-0041
· Stay home and monitor your health if you have had contact with a person who has symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the course date. Contact TRPA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-790-0041
· Masks cannot be required under Tennessee State law, however, they are strongly recommended. NRPA will allow the in-person class to happen as long as the transmission rates do not meet or exceed the CDC High Transmission Risk rate in the county hosting the event within the week leading up to the event.
· There has been greater than 100 new cases per 100,000 persons within the host’s county in the past seven days
· Information on county-specific transmission rates can be found here: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view
· If the transmission rates are high the week before the class, we will convert this to a hybrid blended learning class. There will be no refunds or transfers if we convert to blended learning!
- All participants will be required to complete a Participant Health Liability Form prior to entering the classroom.
At the Class
· NRPA requires health checks (temperature checks and Participant Health Liability Form) prior to entering the classroom.
· Instructors must wear a face mask throughout the course. While instructing and at least 10 feet away, the instructor may wear a face shield in place of a face mask.
· NRPA requires a pre-packaged box or bagged lunch for each attendee.
· TRPA will provide contact information for a COVID-19 Designated Point Person with all course participants. This will be sent to you in your confirmation email.
· Playground visits will require individuals to use personal transportation. If you require accommodation for the playground visit please email email@example.com at least 2 weeks before the event.
*If a participant or Instructor develops COVID- 19 symptoms during the course.
· This individual must be separated from the group as soon as possible until they can go home.
· Contact emergency services for those who need emergency care.
· Clean and disinfect the areas this individual has used.
After the Course
· If a participant starts to show symptoms anywhere from 2-14 days after the course. Call Candi at 615-790-0041
· TRPA will contact the local public health officials regarding the possible case of COVID-19 if notified by a participant or Instructor(s).
· TRPA will call NRPA regarding the possible case of COVID-19.
· TRPA will follow guidance from the public health officials on how to communicate out to the rest of the class on possible exposure to the virus.
Cancellation due to COVID
If an individual has to cancel all or part of the course due to COVID or a COVID exposure, TRPA will work with NRPA and the participant individually to transfer them to a hybrid class/computerized test.