Start Date: 2/9/2021 8:00 AM CST
End Date: 2/11/2021 5:00 PM CST
Venue Name: Virtual
Event Website: https://www.trpa.net//Files/Documents/21%20CPSI%20Hybrid.pdf
Tennessee Recreation & Parks Association
2021 TRPA/NRPA Blended Learning Event
CERTIFIED PLAYGROUND SAFETY INSPECTOR COURSE AND EXAM
February 9-11, 2021
No registrations will be accepted after January 25, 2021!
||Paid By Jan. 9,2021
||Paid Jan. 9-25, 2021 (if space is available)
|National Playground Safety Institute Registration (Class only, does not include the exam No on-site registration will be accepted).
|Certification Exam (Photo ID required for exam admission)
(It is not recommended that you take the exam if you have not had the materials at least 3 weeks prior to the course.) No cell phones, pdas, or other electronic equipment, hats or books will be permitted in the exam room. Please make provisions in advance.
According to the Consumer Products Safety Commission, 200,000 children are treated annually for playground accidents. Of these, 70% or 140,000 occurred at public parks and schoolyards. How does your equipment measure up? How many preventable injuries occurred in your parks or facilities?
Sponsored by the Tennessee Recreation and Parks Association, National Recreation and Park Association, and the Tennessee Municipal League Risk Management Pool and the Tennessee School Plant Managers Association, this course is the most comprehensive training program on playground hazard identification and risk management methods offered. Advanced reading and ten hours of training will prepare you to sit for the Certified Playground Safety Inspector Exam,
scheduled at the culmination of this certification course.
- History of Playground Equipment
- Hazard Identification
- Safety Surfacing Materials
- Playground Equipment Accessibility
- Safety Management
- Audit Objectives & Procedures
- Maintenance Procedures & Standards
It is extremely
important that you read the course materials prior to attending the class. Failure to study the materials before the course commonly leads to failure of the exam
Those taking the course are eligible to take the Playground Safety Inspectors Exam given immediately after the course. Upon successfully passing the exam, you will be certified through the National Recreation and Park Association as a Certified Playground Safety inspector (CPSI) for a three year period. Certificates will be awarded and your name will be added to a national roster of CPSI’s.
A candidate who has a disability may request a special accommodation; the request must be submitted in writing at the time of course or exam registration. In order to properly accommodate all persons with disabilities it is recommended that all requests be made 45 days prior to the scheduled date for the course and exam.
English as second language (ESL) candidates may request a time extension and/or the use of a strict translation dictionary. Candidates request forms/fees must be submitted to NRPA no less than 30 days prior to the exam. The request form is available online at www.nrpa.org/cpsi. The course host will work collaboratively with NRPA to ensure all approved reasonable accommodations are met.
Continuing Education Units:
Earn 1.5 CEUs’s while participating in this seminar. Please be sure to sign the attendance roster for NRPA’s records at the beginning and end of each day. NRPA will forward you a transcript of your attendance 6 to 8 weeks after the course is finished.
Blended Learning Schedule
- TRPA receives your registration and payment – Once we reach the minimum of 20 - TRPA will send information to NRPA and ship your books to you.
- NRPA receives information from TRPA – NRPA will have you entered in their Online Learning System.
- You will receive an email from NRPA with your credentials to log in to their Online Learning System. From this date you will have access to the program. You must complete this no less than 24 hours before the Virtual Learning Session
- You study and participate in the Online Learning Center
- You participate in the Live Virtual review and question and answer session with a CPSI instructor.
- If you are signed up for the exam, you have 90 days to sign up for and sit for the exam at a PSI Professional Testing site. Site Locations can be found at http://online.goamp.com/CandidateHome/displayTCList.aspx?pExamID=20879.
- Upon passage of the exam, NRPA will send you your certificate.
Registration is on a first come-first served basis and the class and exam limit is 60.
The registration fee less a $300 service charge will be refunded if cancellation is received by mail or fax before your books are shipped. Once you have accessed the Online Learning Center or your books are shipped there are no refunds.
1.5 CEU credits are available for participation in the full course. You must complete both the Online Learning Center Course & The Virtual Learning Course to receive CEUs.