Start Date: 11/17/2020 12:15 PM CST
End Date: 11/20/2020 2:00 PM CST
Venue Name: Virtual
Event Website: https://www.trpa.net//Files/2020%20Conference/2020%20Conference%20brochure.pdf
Tennessee Recreation & Parks Association
November 17-20, 2020
We are also VIRTUAL!
CEUs: In addition to all the live sessions and events during the week of conference, you will also have access to the recordings for these sessions for 30 days after they are uploaded, and you can earn CEUs from them! Between live sessions and recordings, you can earn up to 2.1CEUs!
PRIZES: It wouldn't be a conference without prizes. Registered attendees will get a chance to win prizes at every exhibit booth, and most exhibit demos, all while connecting from the comfort of your office or home (or wherever else you choose). Individuals who register by the Early Bird cut off (10/31/2020) will receive a registration gift in the mail to enjoy!
Monday, November 16
TRPA Annual & Board Meeting 9:00-11:00am
Tuesday, November 17
Educational Sessions (0.1 CEU) 12:15-1:20pm
Exhibits Open 1:30-2:45pm
Exhibit Demos 1:45-2:05pm
Exhibit Demos 2:15-2:30pm
Educational Sessions (0.1 CEU) 2:55-4:00pm
Opening Virtual Event 6:00-8:00pm
Wednesday, November 18
Opening Session (0.1 CEU) 8:30-10:30am
Exhibits Open 10:40-11:55am
Exhibit Demos 10:55-11:10am
Exhibit Demos 11:25-11:40am
Educational Sessions (0.1 CEU) 12:05-1:10pm
Thursday, November 19
Educational Session (0.1 CEU) 11:20-12:25pm
Exhibits Open 12:30-1:50pm
Exhibit Demos 12:50-1:05pm
Exhibit Demos 1:20-1:35pm
Educational Sessions (0.1 CEU) 1:45-2:50pm
Awards Program 3:00-4:00pm
Friday, November 20
Educational Sessions (0.1 CEU) 8:30-9:35am
Exhibits Open 9:45-11:00am
Exhibit Demos 10:00-10:15am
Exhibit Demos 10:30-10:45am
Closing Session (0.2 CEU) 11:10-1:15pm
Prize Drawings 1:15-2:00pm
Opening Session Keynote: Chris Nunes
Nov. 18th at 8:30am
Join in the fun as we recognize our individual award winners and hear from our candidates for the 2021 Board. Then, join Chris is an interactive discussion on "Great Expectations: Can Revenue Goals and Social Equity Co-Exist" (0.1 CEU). These two mandates can co-exist if a relevant service is provided based on planning, market segmentation, competition analysis and financial performance monitoring.
Closing Session Keynote: Dr. Sean Bailey
Nov. 20th at 11:10am
Dealing with the public can be a challenge even in good times. Join your peers and Dr Bailey as we experience his session on "Conflict Resolution: A Masterclass on the Conflict Resolution Process to Handle Any Size Dispute". Team members may differ on what the problem is; or, they may agree on what the problem is but have a different perspective about it; or, they may share the same perspective but have different ideas on how to solve the problem. Our ability to resolve conflict centers on 1) self-management, 2) communication, and 3) open-mindedness.
More education topics...
* Not Just Another Plan on the Shelf
* Having Difficult Discussions with Direct Reports
* Using Economic Impact Data to Demonstrate an Agency's Relevance
* My People? Your People? Nope...OUR People!
* Creating an Influential and Worthwhile Internship Program
* Working with your local government to get things done
Parks & Facilities
* They Don't Know Jack: Youth Sports Coaches and Early Childhood Development
* Nature meets universal design: Designing for active outdoor play for all abilities
* Will the Lifeguard Freeze? How well are we preparing them?
* Neighborhood Parks and Health Enhancing Physical Activity: The City of Knoxville Experience
* Facility Risk Management
* Successful Management of Facilities and Groundskeeping Crews
Programming & Recreation
* Podcasting 101
* Volunteer Retention and Engagement
* Beyond the book: How libraries partner with parks to enhance informal learning environments
* Enough is Enough!!!! Identifying the Recreational Leaders Role in Bullying Prevention
* Recreation Programming in a COVID 19 World
* Creating Positive and Lasting Relationships with the Public