TRPA/Epply Institute Playground Maintenance Technician
November 15-16, 2017
Patterson Community Center, Murfreesboro, TN
Paid By 10/13/17 $400
Paid After 10/13/17 $450
The two-day Playground Maintenance Technician Training focuses on practical playground maintenance activities, inspection principles, and best practices in making repairs.
• Learn about materials! Learn how to maintain playground equipment made of metal, plastic, wood and concrete
• Learn about safety! Understand how to take damaged equipment out of service safely, keep proper records, and identify potential legal issues related to playground maintenance
• Learn about surfaces! Learn how best to maintain unitary and loose-fill surfaces
• Cost effective! Train front-line maintenance staff at an affordable price
• Ensure your equipment lasts through its useful life! Improve playground user safety and prolong the useful life of equipment
• Certified instructors! Instructors with CPSI provided by the Eppley Institute at Indiana University
Do I have to re-certify with the program? No. This is a certificate-of-completion program. There is currently no recertification requirement.
Who should a??ttend the program? Anyone who performs hands-on playground safety inspections and maintenance, along with those who supervise playground maintenance staff should attend. Participants with experience ranging from just a few weeks up to 30 years find the two-day course practical and informative.
Playground Maintenance Technician Schedule
8:30-9am Welcome and Introductions
9:30-9:50am Playground Maintenance Process
10-10:20am Hazard Prevention
10:20-11:30am Safety Surfacing on the Playground
11:30-12:15pm lunch (provided)
12:15-12:35pm Playground Materials – Concrete
12:35-1pm Playground Materials – Wood
1-1:30pm Playground Materials – plastic/synthetic
1:45-2:30pm Playground Materials – Metals
2:30-3pm Playground Materials – Fastners/Connectors
3-3:30pm Wrap Up and Evaluations Day 1
8:30-9:45am Inspection Process, Frequency, and Procedures
10-10:45am Record Keeping and Documentation
10:45-Noon Removing Equipment from Service
Noon-12:45pm Lunch (provided)
1-1:30pm Virtual Playground – Swings
1:30-2pm Virtual Playground – track Ride
2-2:30pm Virtual Playground – Sand Digging Equipment
2:30-2:45pm Virtual Playground – Spring Rocking Equipment
2:45-3pm Virtual Playground – Composite
3-3:30pm Wrap up and Evaluation, Day 2
*Based on participant interaction and questions, the schedule may change slightly.
Hotel: A block of rooms (under the name TRPA) is being held for this event at Sleep Inn, 193 Chaffin Place, Murfreesboro, TN 37129. Rates are $72.00 plus tax per night single/double. If paying by government check/credit card, please be sure to bring your tax exempt certificate. To make reservations please call 615-396-3000 and ask for the Playground Maintenance room block.